Thursday, May 16, 2013

This Weekend in Los Angeles

Amongst the two billion things you could do in LA this weekend...


The Spring Edition of The Beverly Hills artSHOW is happening this Saturday and Sunday from 10am-6pm.


Located at The Beverly Hills Gardens Park, this is a really fun way to spend a day.


FREE and happening outside, I'm already inclined. It features 250 artists - and all sorts of art: mixed media, painting, sculpture, photography....


AND there'll be a bunch of food trucks AND a beer garden. Check here for the deets on all THAT sordid goodness.


I think always, in LA, the most stressful thing is parking but in BH it's usually a lot more mellow. 
Just park in one of the BH parking structures and walk on over.


Now before I knew which food trucks would be there, I checked to see if my all-time favorite food truck, the Kogi truck, was going to plant itself at this shindig in BH. That's when I found out it would be in Venice this Saturday.

Photo courtesy of Eric Shin
Photo courtesy of Eric Shin
Parked here from 12 to 2:30, if you've never tried Kogi, I strongly recommend you get on that immediately.

But I digress.

In my search for Kogi I found out about the The Venice Art Walk & Auctions. This is a great event which happens to raise money for a wonderful cause, the Venice Family Clinic. There are bike tours, gallery shows, special exhibitions, live entertainment... FOOD TRUCKS...

If you're interested in the Venice Art Walk & Auctions, I urge you to check the site ahead of time. General Admission, which starts at 1pm, is FREE but limited to registered bidders and tour participants. Now if you want to and can afford a more hassle-free experience - and it goes to charity - for $150 you can purchase what they call a Venture Pass. With that you get early admission, entry into their silent auction at noon, $50.00 off $500.00 plus art purchases and their art walk collectible t-shirt. For $50 (more my speed) you can get a ticket for the art walk (which covers about 20 sites) and the auction.

I know. It all sounds a little complicate-y but it's about art and charity and Kogi. What could go wrong?

Parking. That I can't attest to. I don't like parking in Venice and got a parking ticket last night in the Valley so the whole parking thing has me in a real deal bad mood this a.m. That being said, just do some investigation ahead of time and check here for parking details from the event organizers themselves. Maybe it won't be bad at all and the Kogi truck will be in the vicinity. So either go for art and charity or go for Korean BBQ but whatever you do, get outside! It's going to be a great weekend.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment