Friday, May 31, 2013

Tonight in LA: Komodo Block Party


There is no time to finesse this post as this is happening NOW and it looks like too much fun to nitpick about showing off my creative writing skills. I want you to go to this thing! Tonight from 6 to 10pm Komodo, in conjunction with other gourmet food trucks and fashion trucks will be throwing a block party on Pico, Robertson & Olympic.



In addition to food and fashion, there'll be music courtesy of DJ Syntax. Just writing that makes me feel cool.

But I'm kinda all about the food. Some of the trucks making an appearance will be...

Lobsta Truck (Rolls & Bisque!)


Buttermilk's Truck (Fried Chicken with Cinnamon Waffles!)


The BSweet Truck (CUPCAKES!)


And The Bun Truck where you can get the most original cheesesteak you ever had. And some Duck Fat Fries. Why not? You've already crossed to the other side...

From their website
If you miss it, they'll be doing this block party the last Friday of the month all the way until September 27th. 

Click Here for more info.

That being said, you might want to just check out Komodo anyway. It truly is, as their tag line says, Dangerously Good Food. I just discovered it recently - yes, I'm late to this party - visiting their brick & mortar restaurant on Pico & Robertston. 

They first became most famous for their gourmet food truck (ergo, the party tonight):



That truck business helped them start this restaurant (though the truck obviously is both alive and dangerously well). Komodo's menu is very creative and tasty Asian Fusion that uses really high quality ingredients.

Now wherever you go in LA everyone's got a taco - in other words, each culture has adapted it's own version. And while Komodo's no exception...



...it's a damn fine taco! That is not something everyone can do. (Try their Signature with Top Sirloin. The third one from the left). 

yummy albeit sweet drinks (mine had fresh mint in it which I loved)
They also had these crab cakes and I do not lie, these might be the best crab cakes I've had in Los Angeles.


Deeee Dragon Lish.

While there we met the head chef and part owner...


Who looked like he could bounce small children off his chest. 

And we learned about a block party that for some reason I had in my head as tomorrow and it is in fact tonight!

So check it out. They have also this deal where if you post pics to Instagram with their hashtags you can win prizes. #picorobertson #blockparty.

Gosh, I'm sorry for the late notice. I don't even think I can make it! But if you go have a GREAT time and remember if you don't make it, the next one is June 28th and you can always visit their restaurant which is at 8809 West Pico Boulevard (cross street is Robertson) in Los Angeles.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Those are some mouth watering photographs of food. The block parties keep getting super amazing with time. I attended one block party in one of the biggest open to sky LA venue which was amazing and had delicious food to serve. I can never miss out on these parties. Food is life!

    ReplyDelete